Data security is made up of multiple moving parts, including protecting network traffic, preventing email phishing attacks, and safeguarding endpoint devices (computers, tablets, smartphones, security cameras, etc…).
Using different cybersecurity methods for each of those moving parts, can mean a disjointed and less than effective approach that leaves gaps in your defenses.
Over the last 15 years, Unity IT has seen the evolution of cybersecurity threats and sought out the best tools to help our Fresno area clients protect their networks against them. We’ve found that a unified security approach is the best defense.
What do we mean by “unified security?” It’s basically a single set of tools, like next-generation firewall and endpoint security, that are designed to work in harmony and handle every type of threat out there. Unified data security includes things like email and spam security, device protection, and real-time reporting that helps to identify any potential cyberattacks.
Data security has become one of the most important factors in the health and well-being of a business.
Poor data security can significantly harm a business in a number of ways, and many small businesses never recover from a data breach. Data breaches can lead to:
- Downtime costs
- Emergency IT security costs
- Data privacy regulatory penalties
- Loss of customer trust
- Costs for recovering lost files
- Costs of mitigating reputation damage
An astounding 58% of business owners with up to 299 employees have been victims of a cyberattack. That means the chances are better that you’ll have a data security incident happen than not.
But you can protect yourself with the right unified security tools.
After doing exhaustive research to find the best and most value-added tools in the cybersecurity world to offer our Unity IT Managed Services subscribers in Fresno, we landed on the award-winning Sophos security suite.
Why Sophos Unified Security Tools are the Best in the Business
When it comes to a unified approach, we look for applications that work seamlessly together and that can provide integrated reporting and threat management. Sophos fits the bill with their Sophos XG Firewall that integrates perfectly with their Endpoint Protection and Intercept X Endpoint.
One of the things that our experienced team at Unity IT looks for before recommending a software to our clients is that it’s earned some industry recognition, passing some stringent competition.
Just a few of the awards won by the Sophos security programs are:
- Best UTM Security Solutions from SC 2018 Awards
- #1 in both Small Business and Enterprise Protection from SE Labs
- #1 Malware Protection from MRGOffitas
Sophos XG Firewall
Next-generation firewalls do more than just monitor incoming and outgoing traffic, they come with a full host of other security safeguards to seal up vulnerabilities and report on suspicious traffic in real-time.
With the XG Firewall, your business will receive critical security protections that include:
- Stopping unknown threats through technologies like deep leaning and intrusion prevention.
- Automatic threat response that isolates any compromised systems on your network to stop them from spreading a malicious script.
- Exposing any IT threats trying to hide and wreak havoc behind the scenes.
- A master control central dashboard that makes it easy to monitor web activity, traffic, and any suspicious behavior.
- Advanced threat and botnet protection that’s fast enough to keep up with and stop automated attacks.
Sophos Intercept X Endpoint
Intercept X is like the offense to your defense, it works in concert with the XG Firewall to handle endpoint security for computers, laptops, mobile devices, printers, security cameras, and any other internet connected devices.
With mobile use on the rise, this is an integral part of any sound cybersecurity strategy. It includes benefits such as:
- Advanced AI that uses a deep leaning neural network to stay a step ahead of new malware.
- It contains CryptoGuard, the world’s best ransomware protection that uses behavioral analysis to stop ransomware before it scrambles your data.
- Blocks the exploits and techniques that are commonly used to distribute malware, steal login credentials, and try to escape undetected.
- Guided incident response that makes it easy to respond to threats with the click of a button.
- Comprehensive analysis tools that make it easier to understand the scope of threats and see attacks that may have gone unnoticed in the past.
- Synchronized security that unifies all your defenses with real-time sharing between the endpoint protection and your firewall protection, giving you 100% visibility across your entire IT infrastructure.
Sophos Endpoint Protection
Like Intercept X, Sophos Endpoint Protection is designed to secure any endpoint devices and safeguard against threats. This application is designed to be sophisticated yet simple.
Some of the highlights of Sophos Endpoint Protection include:
- Protection from and detection of malware and malicious traffic.
- Security for web applications, device apps, and other routes of entry for malware and viruses.
- Filters websites to keep your employees from accidentally visiting a malicious site or any restricted sites.
- Automatic response to incidents by synchronizing security between your endpoints and your firewall.
- On-premise or cloud-based options to work with the system you prefer.
Get a Free Demo of the Sophos Security Tools Today!
Cybersecurity is one of the most important protections any business needs in today’s data-driven world. Would you like a free demonstration of what the Sophos unified security tools can do for your business?
We’ll be happy to take you through these award-winning tools and answer all your IT security questions. Get started by booking a free demo online or calling us anytime at 559-297-1007.